- Launch the “Terminal” window and type the following command to determine the Identifier of the hidden OS X recovery partition and your main partition.
2. Look for the Recovery HD partition and main partition and note the identifiers which should be something like disk0s2, disk0s3, disk0s4 ect…
3. To remove that partition type the following command into the terminal window, replace the disk0s3 with the actual recovery partition Identifier from your machine.
4. Now you’ll want to merge that free space into your main partition so type the following command into terminal, you will put the Partition name and identifier of your main partition first and the recovery partition identifier second.
- Shut down the computer.
- Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
- On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
- Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.
This is a fix that might work if your battery will not charge and it says not charging even when it’s plugged into the charger. It is possible that the battery is actually in need of replacement or your charger is bad.
How to move your events and projects from one drive to another non-destructively.